2012/06/13

Growing

I think I've all but given up on the 30 days of creativity thing. I sew almost every day so I think I can be forgiven. I was starting to let myself get stressed out about it so I decided to just let it go and not worry about it. If I do make some things I will still share them.

Around the same time I stopped, I started reading the Hunger Games. I put it on hold at the library in March and on Thursday it came in. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I felt like the pacing could have been different to make it more exciting. The "romance" within made me feel like seeking out fanfiction for the first time in several years. I'm not sure whether that means that I liked it and I want more or that it was lacking and someone else could write it better. Today I picked up the second book. (My hold hasn't come in, but I noticed that the reference library had an un-hold-able copy in the Browsery, so I found it and picked it up when I returned the first book after work.)

Today I quit my second job- the one where I sell pantyhose and get discounts on tights. I am sort of sad about it but the way they wanted to change my schedule I just couldn't make it fit with my life and the way I want this summer to go. I was getting bored with it anyways, since it has been pretty slow. It would get busier in the fall but my other job will too, so I wouldn't have been able to keep up with it anyways.

I've been meaning for a few weeks to start gardening on my balcony. Last year, I had a few plants, but I sort of dropped the ball on them and they dried out and died. This year, I am determined to make it work. I got a couple of plants and the biggest bag of potting soil I could carry from the Canadian Tire garden centre yesterday, and a few weeks ago, I picked up a couple of packs of seeds at Dollarama. Today I planted it all and hopefully it lives and grows and flourishes. Then my balcony will be all fancy and I can sit out on it with a drink and be awesome.

In other news, I've been working on getting an Etsy shop up and running for what I have left from Anime North and other cool things I make. You can see it here. I still have a few things I need to put up. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the photos I need because I only have a couple of hours of natural lighting every day in the evening after I get home from work and it has just been so sunny on my balcony and everything turns out the wrong colours. I don't really want to touch Photoshop until I get a new computer, which I should do very soon since mine is frequently very angry at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment